[Fedora-directory-users] Problems installing FDS

James Richardson jrichardson at x-iss.com
Tue Aug 29 20:24:13 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a test Fedora Directory server up and running and am
not having much success.

When I complete the setup program I get the following output:

[slapd-fds01]: starting up server ...
[slapd-fds01]:  Fedora-Directory/1.0.2 B2006.060.1928
[slapd-fds01]:  fds01.mydomain.tld:389 (/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-fds01)
[slapd-fds01]:
[slapd-fds01]: [29/Aug/2006:15:23:05 -0500] - Fedora-Directory/1.0.2
B2006.060.1
928 starting up
[slapd-fds01]: [29/Aug/2006:15:23:06 -0500] - slapd started.  Listening
on All I
nterfaces port 389 for LDAP requests
Your new directory server has been started.
Created new Directory Server
Start Slapd Starting Slapd server configuration.
Fatal Slapd ERROR: Ldap authentication failed for url
ldap://fds01.mydomain.tld:
389/o=NetscapeRoot user id admin (151:Unknown error.)
Fatal Slapd Did not add Directory Server information to Configuration
Server.
Configuring Administration Server...
Setting up Administration Server Instance...
ERROR: Administration Server configuration failed.
You can now use the console.  Here is the command to use to start the
console:
cd /opt/fedora-ds
./startconsole -u admin -a http://fds01.mydomain.tld:55573/
INFO Finished with setup, logfile is setup/setup.log
[root at fds01 ~]#

I am a bit troubled by the errors it reports. Also, "fds01.mydomain.tld"
is in DNS correctly. Also, nothing is listening on port 55573 as it
tells me to connect the console to.

I also am not using the default Java that comes with CentOS 4.3. I
downloaded and installed IBMJava2 1.4.2 and am running it. I could not
use the bundled CentOS4.3 Java as it would not run the console
application.

Can someone please help, I am not sure where to go next.

Thanks,

James T. Richardson, Jr.
jrichardson at x-iss.com
eXcellence in IS Solutions, Inc.
Office: 713-862-9200 x226
NOTICE:
This message may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents.