[Fedora-directory-users] Simple Paged Results Control Support in Future?

Phil Lembo phil.lembo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 10:09:23 UTC 2006

> Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:30:59 -0700
> From: David Boreham
> Subject: Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Simple Paged Results Control
>         Support in      Future?
> To: "General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project."
>         <fedora-directory-users at redhat.com>
>
> Phil Lembo wrote:
>
> > Any chance we'll get to see support for Simple Paged Results Control
> > in a future version of Fedora Directory?
>
> It wouldn't be hard to implement because the existing VLV code could be
> mostly re-used.
>
> Are you looking to support an application that already uses simple paged
> results ?
> Or is there something you're looking for that VLV doesn't do ?

Just like to be able to use the same techniques for paging through different
directories. Today I've got to maintain 2 different methods in any scripts
that query both FDS and AD -- I know, I know, I should have modularized them
long ago... Anyway, OpenLDAP and a couple of other proprietary directories
also support SPRC, so the only one I've still got to shift over to VLV for
is FDS (and it's proprietary cousins).

--
Phil Lembo