[Fedora-directory-users] Account lockout counters not replicating; how to unlock users?

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Wed Feb 8 01:16:27 UTC 2006

Ulf, Thanks for getting back to me; yep, I understand that the consumer
can never replicate information to the supplier (I wasn't very clear
before, sorry about that); I set the passwordIsGlobalPolicy to on on
both servers, and things are looking better; the passwordRetryCount,
retryCountResetTime, accountUnlockTime attributes are now getting
replicated properly from supplier to consumer, and deleting
passwordRetryCount, retryCountResetTime attributes from the supplier
does unlock accounts, however I'm still having a bit of a problem; what
I've seen is that if a users account gets locked on the consumer because
of bad password attempts, if that same user then attempts to login to a
server that is configured to first attempt to bind to the supplier
server, the user is allowed to login; What I see happening is that the
passwordRetryCount, retryCountResetTime, accountUnlockTime attributes
are set on the consumer properly, however these attributes are never set
if the bad password attempts occur from a server that attempts to bind
to the consumer first.  Any ideas?  Thanks again.

Aaron