[Fedora-directory-users] solaris 10 SSL connections

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Thu Feb 16 20:12:06 UTC 2006

The ldapsearch command doesn't look in /var/ldap for the cert db.  It
uses the current directory as the default cert db path.
You can run ldapsearch from /var/ldap, or give it a "-P /var/ldap"
argument to use the cert db in /var/ldap.
Also, the -v arg might help you narrow down what's happening.

Note that the Solaris ldap_cachemgr (i.e., the ldap name service client)
daemon DOES use /var/ldap as its default directory to find cert db files.

Also, Solaris 8 and 9 are very picky about which cert DB version they
can use for ldap name service over SSL: it MUST be cert7.db as generated
by earlier versions of the NSS tools.  Solaris 10 might be able to use
cert8.db.