[Fedora-directory-users] Re: dumping the data base

Pete Rowley prowley at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 21:32:54 UTC 2006

Scott Boggs wrote:

>Pete Rowley <prowley <at> redhat.com> writes:
>

>>In the attributetypes attribute (as objectclasses are stored in the
>>objectclasses attribute).  There are most definitely attributes defined
>>in 00core.ldif since attributes have to be defined before you define
>>objectclasses that rely on them.
>>

>So if I wanted to change the actual attributetype definition, I could'nt? I know
>it would violate the RFC, but I thought still had access to the core definition
>like with the core.ldif of openldap.

Yes you can.  I think perhaps your confusion comes from the fact the
"objectclass" type is the first attribute type defined in the file:

attributeTypes: ( 2.5.4.0 NAME 'objectClass' DESC 'Standard LDAP
attribute type' EQUALITY objectIdentifierMatch SYNTAX
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38 X-ORIGIN 'RFC 2256' )

Note "attributeTypes:" at the beginning - you are quite free to change
whatever you wish, noting the dire warnings given previously :)

--
Pete