[Fedora-directory-users] some questions on using ssl with fds

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Sun Jan 15 19:20:33 UTC 2006

I believe that I'm very close to getting this to work for me.  This is
what I've done:

1. created my own CA certificate by running this
openssl req -new -x509 -keyout private/cakey.pem -out cacert.pem

2. using the gui, I followed the steps listed here
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/ssl.html#1085091
under Obtaining and Installing server certificates, including the step 4
marked Trust the certificate authority.  Everything to this point looks
great; on each directory server the server certificates look fine
including verifying that my new CA is listed and verified under the CA
certs tab.

I believe at this point that each directory server will inherently trust
each other's server certificate, as their own certificates were signed
by my own CA.  Is this true?  If so, can someone tell me what the next
step is to enable ssl replication between the 2 directory servers as
well as secure client authentication?  Thanks very much.

Aaron

www.preferredcare.org
"An Outstanding Member Experience," Preferred Care HMO Plans -- J. D. Power and Associates

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain privileged or confidential information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and destroy the copies you received.