[Fedora-directory-users] Another console problem

James Wilde jw-swdl at glocalnet.com
Wed Jan 18 16:15:40 UTC 2006

Have not found any directly relevant solutions recently in the mailing
list.  Hope I'm not duplicating something that's already been answered.

I'm running FDS 101 on RHEL 4.  I have run the setup program to install
the administration server, and the installation completed with no
apparent errors.  The setup.log indicates everything is in order and
encourages me to start the console.

When I do as it states, cd /opt/fedora-ds then ./startconsole -u admin
-a http://myserver.domain.com:1234/ I get a splash screen for the
console, including the words 'Please log in...', but no login window.
The prompt does not return either from ./startconsole command until I
press Ctrl-C, when the splash screen also disappears.

I have not been able to find any errors recorded in log files.

Any help would be appreciated.

//James