[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Server or Console problem

Little Dragon ldragon at freemail.hu
Wed Jan 18 16:06:18 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have installed fedora-ds-1.0.1-1.FC4.i386.opt.rpm
and SUN java: j2re-1_4_2_10-linux-i586.rpm
Then set the JAVA_HOME env. Variable.

After the Typical install the ldapsearch works (I get results).
(ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p 389 -b "o=NetscapeRoot")

But I can not start the console.
startconsole -u admin -a http://vpclinux:1500

I always get the error:
Cannot connect to the Admin Server "http://hostname:1500"
The URL is not correct or the server is not running.

I can see the ns-slapd and httpd.worker processes running
(one ns-slapd and 3 httpd.worker processes are running)

I read all the docs on the web and the FAQ at redhat
(Troubleshooting)
Troubleshooting can not help:
- there is no "admin-serv/config/jvm12.conf", (I created but
no effect)
- there is no "<server-root>/bin/https/bin/start-jvm" file
so I can not edit

After 3 days I am out of ideas.

Could anybody help?

TIA,
Laszlo

Építs SAJÁT HONLAPOT! Zene, mozi, játék, chat – frissesség és okosság
az új tiniportálon: www.g-portal.hu