[Fedora-directory-users] NT Password Hash Storage

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jan 20 00:20:51 UTC 2006

That shouldn't be necessary for samba users.

smb.conf - global section

ldap passwd sync = yes

from man page for smb.conf

ldap passwd sync (G)
This  option  is used to define whether or not Samba should sync
the LDAP password with the NT and LM hashes for normal  accounts
(NOT  for  workstation,  server  or domain trusts) on a password
change via SAMBA.

The ldap passwd sync can be set to one of three values:

Yes = Try to update the LDAP, NT and LM passwords and update the
pwdLastSet time.

No  =  Update  NT  and LM passwords and update the pwdLastSet time.

Only = Only update the LDAP password and let the LDAP server do the
rest.

Of course this only handles instances where the user changes his windows
password from Windows but that was the direction of the OP as I
understood him.

Craig