[Fedora-directory-users] Hosed sync with AD

Daniel Shackelford dshackel at arbor.edu
Tue Jan 31 20:17:18 UTC 2006

Hello...

Earlier this month we had an issue with one of our domain controllers
(Win2003) and took it down.  It was the one the directory server was
pointing to for synchronization.  Ever since then, no sync has occurred
and I am back to getting the

-81 (Peer's Certificate issuer is not recognized.)

I have checked the DC, and all looks well. We were merely moving the
logs to another volume, so it should not have an effect on ldap
connections. I did some fiddling and at one point I removed the native
java since I had installed the IBM version. Jessie depended on it, so
that was removed as well. I have since gotten new certs and CA certs,
and installed them, but still no luck on the connection. Certutil no
longer worked, so I installed mozilla-nss, and now it does not work
for other reasons:

NSS_Initialize failed: An I/O error occurred during security authorization.

All certificate management via the console seems to work fine...

So, my questions are:

Is there a way to get my ssl libraries so they line up with what FDS wants?
Was jessie even involved in this issue?
I already have all our data in this directory, so is there a way for me
to get this thing syncing again without a wipe and reinstall?
If I delete the sync agreement, and create a new one, what happens on
the first sync?  Will it just pick up where it left off, or will it
choke on all the objects that were a part of the previous sync
agreement?  Will I have problems with my data since it has been over 10
days since the last sync?

--
Daniel Shackelford
Systems Administrator

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many"
Mark 10:45