[Fedora-directory-users] New filesystem layout for directory server and admin server files

Dirk Kastens Dirk.Kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mon Jul 3 06:29:21 UTC 2006

Richard Megginson schrieb:
> In order to be more linux friendly, we are currently considering
> changing the layout from having everything under /opt/fedora-ds to
> putting files in their FHS specific paths.  The details are here -
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/FHS_Packaging

I would leave it as it is. The IBM Directory Server, for example, also
uses its own directory structure under /opt/IBM/ldap and creates
symbolic links from the FHS directories to the ldap directories.
As others have mentioned, it's much easier to backup the software and to
find errors etc.

Best wishes,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470