[Fedora-directory-users] New filesystem layout for directory server and admin server files

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Sat Jul 1 19:57:11 UTC 2006

We are currently using fds in production without any issues at all; at
first, management was a little skeptical about using software so
critical to production systems without the comfort of a support
contract, but after working out the pre-implementation bugs, the
reliability of the application speaks for itself; I can honestly say
that having all files in /opt/fedora-ds makes doing full backups,
restores and disaster recovery testing very straight forward; I simply
shutdown slapd and the admin server, tar up the directory, and startup
slapd and the admin server; very quick to do, no muss or fuss; taking
fds out of it's own directory would make my life much more difficult (as
far as backups, and dr testing are concerned); so from my point of view,
if I had a vote, I would say that if it's not broke, then don't fix it
:)

Aaron