[Fedora-directory-users] Any recommendation for a decent up to date LDAP book?

Michael Chang miranda at syndetic.org
Wed Jul 5 21:40:45 UTC 2006

[Top Post]

I second that.  "Understanding and Deploying LDAP Directory Services" is a VERY
rich text that covers pretty much everything from A-Z.  I don't know which edition
is out now, but I have the 2nd edition, and it covers the basics as well as
product-specific stuff.  I had also purchased another book, "LDAP Directories
Explained" (Arkills, Addison Wesley), but it was awful in comparison.

Michael

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Mike Jackson wrote:

| Chun Tat David Chu wrote:
| > I would like to learn more about the LDAP, but a lot of the book I found on
| > amazon.com <http://amazon.com> are more than 2-3 years old.  I am afraid
| > they're out of date.
| >
| > Is there any good books that you guys would like to suggest?  I am
| > interested in in-depth LDAP explaination/usages/design/schema design.
| > I don't really want to be product specific because the last 2 years, we
| > already switched 3 directory server.  From Sun DS to OpenLDAP to Fedora DS.
|
| What makes you assume that because a book is 3 years old that it's outdated?
| The LDAP standard hasn't changed since 1997; it's still at version 3.
|
| "Understanding and Deploying LDAP Directory Services" is still the best book
| you could hope to read.
|

| --
| mike
|
| --

/* BEGIN SIG
 *
 * "Most of us, when all is said and done, like what
 *  we like and make up reasons for it afterwards."
 *  -- Soren F. Petersen
 *
 * Michael Chang
 * miranda [at] syndetic [dot] org