[Fedora-directory-users] Any recommendation for a decent up to date LDAP book?

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 22:07:16 UTC 2006

On 7/5/06, Michael Chang <miranda at syndetic.org> wrote:
> [Top Post]
>
> I second that.  "Understanding and Deploying LDAP Directory Services" is a VERY
> rich text that covers pretty much everything from A-Z.

I third the recommendation.  The example directory used in the text is
the Netscape Directory Server, which is what FDS is based on, so a lot
of the server-specific stuff in the book is still applicable (like the
ACI chapter, which I found very helpful).

The FDS PDF manuals are also very detailed, although a bit obtuse from
time to time.
 _  Ben Steeves                                    bcs at metacon.ca
( ) The ASCII ribbon campaign                  ben.steeves at unb.ca
 X     against HTML e-mail                     GPG ID: 0xB3EBF1D9
/ \ http://www.metacon.ca/ascii      Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves