[Fedora-directory-users] Converting a 4-way replication setup to SSL

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Sun Jul 9 04:16:44 UTC 2006

What a nightmare.

I tried to use the script on the Wiki but this isn't really set up to do
this. I would like one CA and then to generate all of the DS and AS
certificates from this. I can't work out if I need to copy the CA db or
just the .asc file to the other servers to generate the certs - it seems
to need the key for the CA cert and also the noise and pwd files? I
finally got two servers on SSL but they won't replicate as they don't
like each other's certificates even though I had the CA certs on both
servers.

I have spent eight hours getting nowhere and will have to start again
from scratch. If there are any clues on how to:

Have one CA for all server certs
How to install this CA cert on all servers
What is needed for replication over SSL to work

Please let me know ...

PK

--
Philip Kime