[Fedora-directory-users] admin-server SSL

Jo De Troy jo.de.troy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:51:16 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to set-up SSL for the admin server and I had a few questions.
Can I reuse the server certificate that I use for the  LDAP server? Or isn't
it a good idea?
It seems a bit strange to have to create 2 separate certificates for the
LDAP server and the admin-servers when they're running on the same physical
server with the same fqdn. Or do I better use a virtual host for the
admin-server? I must be missing something.
I tried copying over the slapd-<>-key and slapd-<>-cert db's to
admin-serv-<> but then I couldn't start up the admin server any more.

Kind Regards,
Jo