[Fedora-directory-users] directory server stopped

osk linuxkarthi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 15:40:08 UTC 2006

hi,

On 7/10/06, Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

> osk wrote:
> > hi,
> >      when we do any modification using ldapadd,ldapmodify the server
> > shutting down the 389 service
> Do you have an example of the ldapmodify command you are doing?

ldapmodify -x -w admin123 -D "cn=admin,o=xyz" -h

  192.168.250.10 -f Pankaj.Dhir_modify.ldif

modifying uid=SUNITA.DEVI,cn=people,o=xyz
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

the content of "Pankaj.Dhir_modify.ldif"

dn: uid=SUNITA.DEVI,cn=people,o=xyz
changetype: modify
replace: userPassword
userPassword: password

> > in "/opt/redhat-ds/slapd-inp1pf01/logs/errors" the following error if
> > we restart the service
> Is there anything else in the errors log before this?  Can you post a
> relevant excerpt from your access log?

I enabled  loglevel 512  and even 8192 also, but the server not writing any
information into log file while server crashing

What version of Fedora DS are you using?  What OS and version?

I am using RHEl4U2 - rhds-7.1-sp2

waiting for your response
regards
karthikeyan.N