[Fedora-directory-users] Win2003 AD SSL certs

Jeff Gamsby JFGamsby at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 17 22:12:46 UTC 2006

Can someone please tell me if I have this right?

1) Create certs for FDS server.
2) export servercerts on FDS.
3) install Active Directory and certificate services ( Enterprise Root CA )
4) Setup Active Directory for SSL ( tested with ldp.exe )
5) Export AD cert, import into FDS
6) Install PassSync, import servercerts from FDS
7) Test ldapsearch over SSL to AD.

I have just upgraded to Windows server 2003 R2 and I can't get SSL from FDS to AD working again.

I get this error.

../shared/bin/ldapsearch -Z -P . -h ad-server -p 636 -D "cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=xxx" -w - -s sub -b "cn=users,dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=xxx" "cn=*" -v

ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
        SSL error -8179 (Peer's Certificate issuer is not recognized.)

Thanks in advance.

J.G.