[Fedora-directory-users] Multiple database links (chaining)

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 14:08:43 UTC 2006

On 5/31/06, Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

> > I wouldn't be so frustrated if nothing was working, but the fact that
> > searching with a base of "dc=com" for a UID that appears in
> > "dc=one,dc=com" works but searching for a UID that appears in
> > "dc=two,dc=com" doesn't is what's really bugging me.  I went so far as
> > deleting the "dc=one,dc=com" link, but the Two link still doesn't
> > work, even if it's the only one.  The root ACIs on One and Two are
> > exactly the same (with the obvious changes for the different suffixes
> > of course).
> You could try enabling the trace level logging and the plugin level
> logging for the error log - perhaps there is a clue in the error log.

I turned on every bit of logging I could find and there were no
substantive differences in the logs between a successful search on
domain One with an unsuccessful search on domain Two except for where
the result was passed back -- no errors or anything.

I'm beginning to suspect the problem lies in the fact that the
"target" directories are running Sun One DS 5.1 -- I'm going to
install an FDS test server and replicate the data there and try again.

 _  Ben Steeves                                    bcs at metacon.ca
( ) The ASCII ribbon campaign                  ben.steeves at unb.ca
 X     against HTML e-mail                     GPG ID: 0xB3EBF1D9
/ \ http://www.metacon.ca/ascii      Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves