[Fedora-directory-users] Admin server TLS error

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Jun 7 15:16:14 UTC 2006

Jeff Gamsby wrote :

> I'm not sure it f this will work.
> Try NSSEngine off in admin-serv/config/console.conf?

Nope. It's already off. I've looked at all the files in that directory
and simply can't figure out why it's trying to connect to the FDS using
TLS nor how to revert that behavior to the previous one.

Other suggestions are welcome.

Matthias

> Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm setting up FDS 1.0.2 on RHEL4 x86_64, and everything was going
> > rather well, until I started trying to use SSL/TLS everywhere.
> >
> > Following the instructions in the Wiki I got the certificates created
> > and installed using the provided script. I can now see the FDS
> > listening on port 636. But I think I also enabled SSL or TLS for the
> > admin server... which now refuses to start.
> >
> > All I see in the admin-serv/logs/error file is this :
> >
> > [Wed Jun 07 13:16:30 2006] [crit] buildUGInfo(): unable to initialize
> > TLS connection to LDAP host ldap.mydomain port 636: 4
> > [Wed Jun 07 13:16:30 2006] [crit] mod_admserv_post_config(): unable to
> > build user/group LDAP server info:
> > Configuration Failed
> >
> > And I really don't know how to fix this... I think I've really tried
> > everything I could think of already. Setting the LogLevel to debug
> > doesn't give any more useful output.
> >
> > Is there any way I can revert to a plain connection to port 389? I
> > don't really understand the problem in the first place since I've put
> > this in adm.conf but it didn't change the error :
> >
> > ldapHost: ldap.mydomain
> > ldapPort: 389
> >
> > Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.89 (Rawhide) - Linux kernel 2.6.16-1.2232_FC6
Load : 0.51 0.32 0.30