[Fedora-directory-users] Failed to login from other Linux desktop

Mohd Amin Sharifuldin B. Salleh amin at mint.gov.my
Tue Jun 20 08:50:05 UTC 2006

Hi,
We installed fds few times already. The console works but it failed to
authenticate from other RedHad Linux. It also failed when when ssh to
the ldap server where the user name only registered on FDS.

We use mostly microsoft with AD since WinNT times until now. But since
last year, we decided to move to linux and than we started experimenting
with linux (RedHad Centos and Ubuntu). What we do is
1. Install RH ES ver 4
2. Setting up DNS using webmin
3. Install JAVA than followed by installing FDS
4. Start console, it is all working fine
5. start populating the directory by inputting simple user, password dan
the compusary input
6. start testing using Centos to authenticate to FDS after configuring
the authentication - login suing user name only available on FDS -
failed
7. Than test SSH to FDS on the same machine as FDS - using user only
available on FDS - failed - err=49 tag=97 on access log
8. Is it wright what we do to test FDS

Counld some one advice us, what we did wrong ?

amin