[Fedora-directory-users] admin-serv error log

Jeff Gamsby JFGamsby at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 20 16:33:25 UTC 2006

Richard Megginson wrote:
> Jeff Gamsby wrote:
>>
>> I am having a hard time getting the admin console to work in ssl
>> mode. I get this "notice" error in the admin serv logs, is it a cause
>> for concern? As far as I know, everything is setup correctly.
>>
>> [notice] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] admserv_host_ip_check:
>> ap_get_remote_host could not resolve xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> This usually means reverse DNS is not working.
>>
>> I have created the certificates,
> Following the SSL howto at
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SSL ?

Yes, but instead of creating an admin-serv-<serverID>- I copied the
slapd-<serverID>- cert db's over.
It is true that I can use these same certs?

I tried creating the admin certs db's seperately and importing the CA
cert, but that did't work either.

I had this working a few weeks ago, I'm not sure what has changed.

>> then copied the slapd-<server>-* files to admin-serv-*, then tried to
>> enable SSL in the admin console. I have followed the directions from
>> "Managing SSL and SASL" but I get the error "Invalid LDAP Host/IP,
>> could not connect to server in secure mode" when I change to secure
>> mode in the "User DS" tab.
> This error is from the console?  Try using startconsole -D
Using this method I get this error:

validateLDAPParams netscape.ldap.LDAPException:
JSSSocketFactory.makeSocket fds.server.example.com:636,
SSL_ForceHandshake failed: (-8054) Unknown error (91); Cannot connect to
the LDAP server