[Fedora-directory-users] slow mass deletion

Dirk Kastens Dirk.Kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Jun 22 07:11:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm using fedora-ds-1.0.2-1.RHEL4.
When I try to delete a whole branch in my ldap tree that contains
several thousand entries, the deletion is extremely slow. The server
needs about 10 seconds to delete a single entry. I can watch the
progress in the server's logfiles. Deleting the branch will take nearly
a day in my case. It doesn't matter if I use ldapdelete, ldapmodify with
an ldif file as input, or the server console.
My IBM directory server only needs a few seconds to delete a whole
branch. How can I speed up the deletion?

Regards,
Dirk