[Fedora-directory-users] Referrals break everything ...

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Thu Jun 29 17:39:46 UTC 2006

Two things to check:

1.  Make sure nss_ldap is configured to follow referrals.  Not sure if
you're using Sun's or PADL's (Linux) nss_ldap, but each have an option
for this.

Sun (in /var/ldap/ldap_client_file):
NS_LDAP_SEARCH_REF= TRUE

PADL (usually in /etc/ldap.conf):
referrals yes

2.  Make sure that the bind DN you're using to bind to the first
directory server also exists on the second (referral target) directory
server, and has the same password.

There may be something else going on, but check these two first.