[Fedora-directory-users] Samba schema not loading in FDS...

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 02:12:30 UTC 2006

Jim Hogan wrote:

> Halloo!
>
> I am attempting to migrate an existing OpenLDAP directory to FDS
> 1.01.  I had extended the OL setup with samba.schema and had imported
> a bunch of existing Samba data with scripts.  This is all on Fedora
> Core 3.  I was motivated to migrate by 1) the console apps and 2)
> better ACI mgmt; I figured both of these might better support a better
> self-service directory model where people can edit some of their own
> details.
>
> I have FDS running and just got console running.  I found the script
> to convert samba.schema to FDS LDIF format and that seemed to work a
> treat.  However, on startup, FDS seems to completely ignore my
> "61samba.ldif".  Worse, it seems not to notice any errors.  What this
> measn is that I am not able to import any users (and other elements)
> from my OL directory as they have various samba* attributes.

This is what I did:
cd /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-localhost/config/schema
perl ~/ol2rhds.pl < /usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.14a/LDAP/samba.schema >
61samba.ldif
# http://www.directory.fedora.redhat.com/download/ol2rhds.pl
../../restart-slapd
ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p myport -s base -b "cn=schema"
"objectclass=*" | grep -i samba

I see lots of output like the following:
objectClasses: ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.2.12 NAME 'sambaConfigOption' DESC
'Samba
 Configuration Option' SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST sambaOptionName X-ORIGIN
'user
objectClasses: ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.2.15 NAME 'sambaAccountPolicy' DESC
'Samba
  Account Policy' SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST ( sambaAccountPolicyName $
sambaAcco
attributeTypes: ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.1.40 NAME 'sambaAlgorithmicRidBase'
DESC
 'Base at which the samba RID generation algorithm should operate'
EQUALITY in
attributeTypes: ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.1.19 NAME 'sambaGroupType' DESC 'NT
Group
attributeTypes: ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.1.55 NAME 'sambaLogonHours' DESC
'Logon H