[Fedora-directory-users] Can't login to console

Mont Rothstein mont.rothstein at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 20:25:35 UTC 2006

I am running Apache 2.0.52

As far as verifying that my directory server is up and running:

ns-slapd is running under the dsuser account
httpd.worker is running under the dsuser account

I fear I need help with ldapsearch.

If I try the following as root:

ldapsearch -LLL "(cn=Directory Manager)"

I get:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

If I try the following:

ldapsearch -LLL "(cn=Directory Manager)" -x -W

it prompts me for a password. I enter the administrator (dsadmin) password
and get:

 ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

This may indicate something is wrong, ot simply that I am trying to use
ldapsearch incorrectly.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

-Mont