[Fedora-directory-users] Can't login to console

Mont Rothstein mont.rothstein at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 23:20:03 UTC 2006

OK, I figured this out.  I had two problems.

1) The FQDN in my hosts file was wrong.  After I fixed this I stopped seeing
entries in admin-serv/logs/errors but it still wasn't working.
2) I edited my /etc/nsswitch.conf and put dns before files on the hosts
line.

Once I did that the console started up.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

-Mont