[Fedora-directory-users] HELP: Error while start startconsole

Alessandro Binarelli magobin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 08:07:33 UTC 2006

> -bash-3.00$ vi /etc/profile.d/java.sh
> # set java home enviroment variable
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_06/bin
> export JAVA_HOME
>
> You might have to have java in your path, that can be done with
> export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME (in the same profile)
>
> Where "/usr/java/jre1.5.0_06/bin" is the path where java is installed on
> your box.
>
> Daniel

uhm...JAVA_HOME is not set on my distro....but in more cases is not
required.....
But when I found the error I tried to set it....in effect I exported the
following path:

export JAVA_HOME="/usr/java/jre1.4.2"

....I thought that was right....I don't exported bin...

Ok....now in the (my) Afternoon I try to set as you say me....

regards
Alex