[Fedora-directory-users] SSL problem on replication!

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 16:43:31 UTC 2006

This is what I did to get ssl repl working:

1. generate a single CA certificate and use that to sign both the supplier and consumer
certificates. Each server doesn't need its own CA.

on the consumer:

[root at cnjldap01 alias]# ../shared/bin/certutil -L -d . -n "NJ CA certificate" -a >
cnjldap01.cert.asc

#send to supplier:

scp cnjldap01.cert.asc root at cnyldap01:/opt/fedora-ds/alias/

#import it into the supplier's cert db:

[root at cnyldap01 /]# ../shared/bin/certutil -A -d . -P slapd-cnyldap01- -n "NJ CA certificate" -t
"CT,," -a -i cnjldap01.cert.asc

That's it.