[Fedora-directory-users] Install_Guide is still pointing to old FDS7.X guide

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 15:17:53 UTC 2006

Tay, Gary wrote:

> No sure if you have already noticed, the Documentation main page is
> still having old pointers to FDS 7.X guides.
>
> Use and Deployment
>
> The best documentation for use and deployment can be found in the _Red
> Hat Directory Server 7.1 documentation_
> <http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/>
> (/http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server//).
>
> If you are new to the Directory Server you may want to check these out:
>
>     * _Installation Guide_
>       <http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/install/7.1/>
>       (/http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/install/7.1//)
>     * _Administrator's Guide_
>       (/http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/adminTOC.html/)
>
>     * _Deployment Guide_
>       (/http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/deploy/7.1/deployTOC.html/)
>
>     * _Screenshots_
>
> If the FDS1.X Guides are still under-construction, at least we should
> add another section to guide people to those already constructed
> guide(s): eg:

Thanks. I've updated the wording to better describe the relationship
between the Red Hat docs and Fedora DS. There probably won't be any
officially produced and branded Fedora DS docs like there are for Red
Hat DS, but since Red Hat DS maintains such a close relationship with
Fedora DS, the RH docs will always be applicable, with a couple of
caveats that I have noted on the wiki pages.