[Fedora-directory-users] Host name resolution when connecting to administration server

Kimmo Koivisto kimmo.koivisto at surfeu.fi
Wed May 3 15:31:33 UTC 2006

François Beretti kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Wednesday 03 May 2006
13:18):
> Hi,
>
> How can I bypass the hostname verification of the administration server ?

Hi

There is a bug in 1.0.2 related to this (address matching is reversed). If you
need to allow administration from anywhere, you need to set
nsAdminAccessAddresses=something you don't have
nsAdminAccessHosts=empty

I have used limited broadcast address (255.255.255.255) as
nsAdminAccessAddresses and it seems to work. I do my access control with
IPsec.

When next version comes and this is fixed, you might not be able to connect
before you change that nsAdminAccessAddresses back to what it really should
be (can be done from command line with ldapmodify).

Best Regards
Kimmo Koivisto