[Fedora-directory-users] gid number in posix account!

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 19:14:38 UTC 2006

--- Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

> In the Posix fields, yes.  The fields uidNumber and gidNumber have to be
> an integer.

what's really strange is that if you're adding a person to multiple groups (really, listing
multiple memberuid attributes in a posixgroup) you MUST use the text name of the person.  Even
though the attr is called member*uid*, if you put the uid in there, it won't work.  Text string
must be specified.  I know it's not FDS's fault but as my kids would say, "that's just whack."