[Fedora-directory-users] Solaris9 client problems / questions

Jo De Troy jo.de.troy at gmail.com
Wed May 17 11:46:23 UTC 2006

Hello,

in the wiki it's written to use http://ldapserver:636 to get the
certificates, it should be https://ldapserver:636 I managed to get the
certificate on an old Solaris box using netscape.
Wrt the locking of the proxy DN used by the Solaris client, I already had
added an entry for the passwordexpirationtime. I have the impression that
it's not expiration that's the problem but it's locking, due to failed
logins. So I'm not sure that setting the passwordexpiration attribute of the
proxyDN to 20380119031407Z will solve the problem. But of course I will try.
Do I actually need a proxyDN or can I setup a solaris LDAP client without
it?

Best Regards,
Jo