[Fedora-directory-users] account lockout and proxy DN Solaris

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri May 19 14:16:15 UTC 2006

Jo De Troy wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> I'm pretty sure the proxyDN is using the correct password. Could the
> password enryption scheme be the problem?
I don't know.  /etc/ldap.conf has to have the cleartext password in
order to bind to the directory.
> I've selected MD5 in the directory.
> When doing an ldap bind as proxyDN I use the same password as I
> specified when setting up the Solaris client using ldapinit.
> If the password would be wrong, would I not always get the "Object not
> found (Session error no available conn)" error instead of only after a
> few minutes?
I don't know, but you only get account lockout if you provide the
incorrect password.  One way to find out for sure - go to the access log
on the directory server and look for the BIND requests for the proxyDN
from the clients in question.