[Fedora-directory-users] SSHA Seed?

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Thu May 25 17:49:43 UTC 2006

Robert r. Sanders wrote:
> We are attempting to sync (via ldap copy) the usernames and passwords of
> our FDS LDAP users with an OpenLDAP server.  The issue we are running
> into is we are fairly new to FDS and can't figure out how to determine
> the SSHA Seed value (which we could then set as the seed on the OpenLDAP
> server).
>
> I've been searching this morning and have failed to discover anything;
> any info would be very useful.

Hi,
  I don't think it matters what you set for a SSHA salt (seed) value on
the OL side.

  SHA salts only serve the purpose of ensuring that two hashes of
identical data yield different output. Validating two hashes of
identical data will succeed, even if they were generated with different
salts, and thus look different.

BR,
--
mike