[Fedora-directory-users] Password Attributes in MM replication

Justin Crawford Justin.Crawford at cusys.edu
Mon Nov 6 22:48:41 UTC 2006

> Justin Crawford wrote:
> > Is "passwordRetryCount" replicated in a multimaster setup?
> Or, when
> > replication copies a "userPassword" change, is "passwordRetryCount"
> > reset to 0 in the consumer, by the consumer?
> >
> > I just helped a user whose retry count was 0 on one of our
> replicated
> > LDAPs, but stuck at maximum on the other, *after* multiple password
> > changes.  I didn't think that would be possible!
> >
> Are these read-only replicas or masters?

These are both masters in a multimaster setup.  Changing the password on
ldap1 changes the password and passwordExpirationTime on ldap2.  But
passwordRetryCount on ldap2 remains unchanged.  I've usually seen
passwordRetryCount reset to 0 when userPassword changes, no matter how
the password change occurs.  Is it different with multimaster
replication?