[Fedora-directory-users] Questions on Referal/Chaning features

Ankur Agarwal ankur_agwal at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 12:10:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

  We have 2 existing directory services set-up with different schemas:
  1) Active Directory
  2) iPlanet LDAP

  Now we want to introduce a third one (Fedora LDAP) where we want to use referal/chaining features to send requests to these already existing servers. Would really appreciate your answers on:

  1) Can we modify/update active directory data and iPlanet data with application interfacing only with new Fedora LDAP which will dispatch requests to these servers? Or can referal/chaining be used only for querying other LDAP servers?

  2) Can Referal/Chaning be set-up across ActiveDirectory and Fedora with them having different schemas? Similarly between iPlanet and Fedora?

  3) If we want to migrate data from iPlanet to Fedora (having diff schema on Fedora) then any issues we must be aware of and any best practices?

  Thanks,
  Ankur

Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill. Sign up now.