[Fedora-directory-users] v1.0.4 SSL: Could not open file slapd-<servername>-cert8.db

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Sun Nov 12 17:09:21 UTC 2006

Gordon May wrote:

> Check the permissions on the folder. I've had problems where the file
> is owned by ldap but the folder isn't.

The alias folder in this case is owned by the ldap:ldap user/group,
which in turn matches the user running the slapd server.

The admin server is running as root, so should not have hassles (the
admin server can see the admin server certificate database, it cannot
however find the directory server certificate database).

Regards,
Graham