[Fedora-directory-users] Host based ACI

Greg Hetrick ghetrick at minderaser.org
Tue Nov 14 16:36:31 UTC 2006

I am trying to implement host based ACI for either users or groups.
Basic question can you acheive the same results as using the host ACI
as you would with host attributes per user.

I am trying to find a way not to specifically include each host in
each user that needs access to every host or multiple hosts.

Is it possible to add Host based ACI to a group and have the members
of that group be granted access to only those specific hosts? Say for
example having a group for admins with every host and adding users to
that group thus giving them access to all hosts, same with a
development group with only access to development hosts.

Any direction that you can give would be much appreciated. I have
attempted to setup ACIs for a particular user to a single host, but it
doesn't appear that it is working, seems like I am missing either a
client side LDAP setting or an Attribute on the user to handle the
ACI. I was able to setup host based access using the host attribute
per user, that just seems tedious.

Thanks,
Greg