[Fedora-directory-users] multimaster-could not set referrals

Edward Fochler fochlere at grc.nia.nih.gov
Wed Nov 15 17:00:13 UTC 2006

I have upgraded 3 servers to 1.0.4, and multimaster syncing is simply
not working for me.  I've wiped everything, re-initialized
repeatedly, and I still get no syncing or one-way syncing and a lot
of logged errors about
  NSMMReplicationPlugin - repl_set_mtn_referrals: could not set
referrals for replica ou=nia,o=nih,c=us: 1

I have had pretty bad luck with multimaster replication for the past
year with the various versions of FDS.  I had it working for about 6
months, until I rebooted one the the servers, and it hasn't worked
since.  I've reverted to single master syncing, but even then when I
issue a modify to one of the replicas I get an error of:

[Cannot save to directory server:]
[netscape.ldap.LDAPException:error result (1); Mapping tree node for
ou=nia,o=nih,c=us is set to return a referral, but no referral is
configured for it; Operations error]
The referrals option appears to be set automatically once the replica
is initialized, and I've also tried setting it manually, but I get
the same error either way.  JXPlorer complains with the same message.

Any tips on what to try next?  My goal is multimaster syncing
eventually.

	ED.