[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Sync Error

Glenn glenn at mail.txwes.edu
Tue Nov 28 17:01:08 UTC 2006

I'm still trying to get my evaluation copy of Red Hat Directory Server
7.1SP3 to sync with Windows Active Directory.  The latest hitch is an error
message following an initial re-synchronization attempt.  The Directory
Server has a few hundred users imported from a Windows NT domain.  The
Active Directory server has none of those users, so the initial re-sync
should add them to AD.  The error occurs when Windows Sync tries to add the
first user entry to the Active Directory.  The message is:

Attempting to add entry cn=John Doe,ou=Domain Users,dc=ad,dc=example,dc=com
to AD for local entry uid=jdoe,ou=people,o=ourorg.com

Followed by:

(ADserver:636): Received result code 21 (00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C090B38,
comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, vece) for add
operation

I would appreciate any insight.  Hoping to see if this actually works before
the 30-day evaluation runs out.  Thanks.   -Glenn.