[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and AD

Brian Smith brian.smith at worldpub.net
Mon Oct 2 19:52:08 UTC 2006

All,
Here's what I've now done to enable the AD Back end DB for a sub tree:
1.   Click configuration and select the "dc=domain,dc=com" tree.
2.   Right click "dc=domain,dc=com" tree and select new sub suffix
3.   In New Suffix box, typed "ou=subsuffix1" and unchecked create
associated database automatically and click OK.
4.   Open "dc=domain,dc=com" and right click
"ou=subsuffix1,dc=domain,dc=com, and select "new database link.
5.   Here, I put Database link name "subsuffix1", put the bind dn and
password of a domain user account in my AD, and put the domain
controller ip in the remote server box and clicked save. (I can connect
to my AD with the DN I provided here)
6.   Check enable this suffix under ou=subsuffix1,dc=worldpub,dc=corp

now subsuffix1 database appears under ou=subsuffix1,dc=domain,dc=com.
If I now go to the directory tab, and select the directory entry, i get
critical extension unavailable and if i use an ldap browser i get list
failed on the main tree.  Did i miss a step?  If I disable the
ou=subsuffix1,dc=domain,dc=com suffix i can browse the tree no problem.
Thanks!
Brian Smith