[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora directory and solaris 10

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Sat Oct 7 06:58:13 UTC 2006

James Greene wrote:
> Hello,
> Just joined the list. I want to compile fedora directory on Solaris 10
> (sparc). Anyone have any good docs on it? I am using gcc. Thanks

  I wouldn't try to compile for Solaris unless you are willing to spend
a few weeks of effort making modifications.

  Your best bet is to take the last version which was compiled for
Solaris: FDS 7.1. It was compiled for Solaris "2.9", but works fine on
Solaris 10.

  You can download it here, just agree to the license, drop down the box
and choose either plain or 64-bit:

http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Special:Download

  I setup a RHEL 4 machine doing multi-master with two Solaris 10
machines using 7.1, which has been working smoothly for more than half a
year now.

BR,
Mike
--