[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora directory and solaris 10

Timothy timothy at jupiter.stcl.edu
Thu Oct 12 03:39:48 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 22:20, Richard Megginson wrote:
> Timothy wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 October 2006 16:09, James Greene wrote:
> >> I can do that, but I guess my question is can I use Sun directory server
> >> on one box as master, then another box (doing the multi-master
> >> replication) running fedora directory? I know they both are based on the
> >> same code, but not sure if that would work or  not.
> >
> > I just built 2 solaris10 ds52 servers (x86).  One is a hub that gets
> > updates from a win2k based sun ds51 server and the second is a consumer
> > that receives updates from the hub.
> >
> > I tried FedoraDS 1.0.2 on el4 first.  Replication worked, but slapd kept
> > dying on the FDS consumer.
>
> I would very much like to get some information about this, like access
> and error log lines from around the time of the crash.
There was no error log lines.  Nada.  Slapd would just quit.  I turned on
debug and same thing, nada.  Access logs, I could provide if I still had the
box running, but I was in a crunch and just had to find something that
worked.  I would like to test this out further though, maybe on FC5 versus
EL4 to see if it behaves any differently.  When I can find the time I'll give
her another tire kickin'.

> Did you try sun ds51 to fds 1.0.2 replication?
Yes.  It works.  Slapd just wouldn't reliably stay up.