[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and AD

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Oct 13 16:27:49 UTC 2006

Sergio Diaz wrote:
> On 10/13/06, *Richard Megginson* <rmeggins at redhat.com
> <mailto:rmeggins at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sergio Diaz wrote:
>     > Hi all,
>     >
>     > I successfully connect the AD Back End DB to FDS like Brian
>     Smith,  i
>     > disable the nsProxiedAuthorization (comment by Richard Meggison) in
>     > Plugins->Chaining Database->AD (is the name of my Sub Suffix),
>     but i
>     > cant Browse the Directory "Critical Extension unavailable".
>     I don't understand.  You can't "Browse" the directory, but you can
>     search Users and Groups?
>

> Yes. Look the ScreenShots -> SearchAD.png and BrowseCritical.png
> In the Console i can Search Users from AD or FDS.
> In the Directory Sever in TAB Directory i cant Browse the Settings of
> my Domain (Critical Extension Unavailable)
I see.  The browser uses lots of tricks to make the display look correct
- manage dsait, sorting, vlv.  I'm not sure which of these AD is
complaining about.  You might try to first disable manage dsait.  Go to
the View menu and make sure Sort and Follow Referrals are unchecked.
Then again, it may be that there is so much Fedora DS specific stuff in
the console directory browser that you may not be able to use it with AD.