[Fedora-directory-users] Can add with GUI, not with ldapmodify

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Sat Oct 21 19:45:09 UTC 2006

Hi,
	New clean installation of Fedora DS 1.0.2 on FC5. I
added a first user with the admin console, exported it to see
its attributes and made a template to add a new user via LDIF
like below. If I try to add it with ldapmodify, I get this:

ldapmodify -x -a -W -D "cn=Manager,dc=testdom,dc=net" -h \
localhost -f addtester.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: No such object (32)
        matched DN: dc=testdom,dc=net

If import the exact same LDIF file with the admin console, it
goes right in and all the attributes are fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

dn: uid=tester, ou=People, dc=testdom,dc=net
changetype: add
objectClass: top
objectClass: person objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetorgperson
objectClass: posixAccount
ou: People cn: Tony Tester
sn: Tester
givenName: Tony
uid: tester telephoneNumber: 603-555-1212
loginShell: /bin/sh
gidNumber: 100
uidNumber: 503 mail: tester at testdom.net
gecos: Tony Tester
homeDirectory: /usr/local/home/tester
userPassword: {SSHA}yYUVdAn95yDfzbIK92SuL0jK0cCnU//A

--
- Kyle