[Fedora-directory-users] Can add with GUI, not with ldapmodify

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Wed Oct 25 09:23:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 08:22:43AM -0600, Richard Megginson wrote:

> >>I named my directory manager just "Manager" instead of "Directory
> >>Manager"
> Did you try -D "cn=Manager" in that case?  That should have worked.

I am quite certain I had but can't duplicate my issues since I
reinstalled. In hindsight, it may have been as simple as an bad
password as the requirement to have at least 8 characters on the
Directory Manager account when I did the reinstall brought with
it the potentially embarassing realization.

- Kyle