[Fedora-directory-users] Fwd: Management Console : class loader error FC6

Steven Truong midair77 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 02:20:58 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steven Truong <midair77 at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 25, 2006 7:07 PM
Subject: Management Console : class loader error FC6
To: fedora-directory-users at redhat.com

Hi, all. I am a newbie with FD and eager to install it with FC6.  I
tried to install Fedora Directory on FC6 but when I used the console
and clicked on Administration Server I got error.  The error is
"Failed to install a local copy of admserv10.jar or one of its
supporting files: admserv10.jar not found at
http://uranus.mydomain.com:7777/"

I also got similar error when I clicked on Directory Server but with
different file name.

I actually installed Java based on this instruction:
http://jpackage.org/installation.php

1.  Download jdk_1_5_0.09-linux.i586-rpm.bin -------> installed it
2. Download ftp://jpackage.hmdc.harvard.edu/JPackage/1.7/generic/RPMS.non-free/java-1.5.0-sun-compat-1.5.0.08-1jpp.noarch.rpm
 and then installed this file

Did i miss any steps here?  I guess there must be something wrong with
my java installation.

I installed fedore-ds-1.0.2-1.FC5.i386.opt.rpm and things went without
any error.

I then ran /opt/fedora-ds/setup/setup and then at the end

./startconsole -u admin -a http://uranus.mydomain.com:7777/

My SELINUX=disable and there is no package for
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs to be installed from yum.

/usr/bin/java -vesion
java version "1.5.0_09"
Java (TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_09-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Please help as I would like to know what went wrong or if I missed something.

Thank you.

Hi Richard.  Here is what I found:

ls ~/.fedora-console/
Console.1.0.Login.preferences

cat  Console.1.0.Login.preferences
UserID=admin
HostURL1=
HostURL=http\://uranus.mydomain.com\:7777/
Y=440
X-453

Thank you