[Fedora-directory-users] Command-line Consumer Initialization

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 26 23:15:48 UTC 2006

jamsda wrote:
> Thanks for the response. So after step 1 here's my
> output:
>
> dn: cn="Replication to
> host2.xyz.com",cn=replica,cn="dc=xyz,dc=com",cn=mapping
> tree,cn=config
> cn: "Replication to host2.xyz.com"
> cn: Replication to host2.xyz.com
>
> So how would step 2 look on the command-line? Here's
> what I started with:
>
> ldapmodify -D "cn=directory manager" -w password -b
> n="Replication to
> host2.xyz.com",cn=replica,cn="dc=xyz,dc=com",cn=mapping
> tree,cn=config

No, just ldapmodify -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
Once you type this in, ldapmodify will wait for your input:
dn: cn="Replication to
host2.xyz.com",cn=replica,cn="dc=xyz,dc=com",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh
nsds5BeginReplicaRefresh: start

^^ is a blank line
then, type Ctrl-D to end the input - you should get the usual shell
command prompt again.