[Fedora-directory-users] Is it possible to use events to create homedirs when user entry is created or deleted? (resend)

Kimmo Koivisto koippa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 12:27:05 UTC 2006

Resending this message:

Hello

I have small environment with one FDS server and one application
server, both RHEL4ES. FDS server provides ldap authentication and home
directories for app server with ldap and nfs.

I administrate users and groups with phpldapadmin or windows based
ldapadmin, everything is working fine.

When I add new user to the FDS, I have to create home directory for
that user manually, set permissions and copy /etc/skel files.

I would like to do home directory administration tasks automatically
when user is added or deleted from FDS.

One solution (I don't like this) is that I use some command line ldap
capable adduser instead of ldapadmin or phpldapadmin.

Does FDS have any event support that I could use or are there any
existing solutions for this problem?

Best Regards
Kimmo Koivisto